No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal or old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls.
Stuffed Potato Balls (Rellenos de Papa) - Quick version
Rellenos de Papa, along with codfish fritters have been a longtime favorite of mine, this recipe in particular uses instant potato mix. Are you ready? Let’s go.
What you need:
- 4 cups of instant mashed potato mix
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/3 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Sazón packet, optional
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch (for dusting potato balls)
- 1 pound of cooked ground beef or chicken (seasoned to taste)
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- Oil for frying
- Pour water into a pot, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add butter, salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, Sazón packet and milk. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add slightly beaten egg into the mixture and mix well.
- Add potato flakes and fold in the flakes (the mixture should be thick and dry.) Let the potatoes cool down.
- Sprinkle corn starch into hand and spread the potato mixture onto hand, slightly push down in the middle to make a well, but don’t go all the way.
- Place a tablespoon of cooked and seasoned ground beef into the well, and carefully fold the side over the meat until the ball is completely seal.
- Roll the ball into corn starch to complete seal.
- Fry over medium heat, until golden. Enjoy!